Saturday, January 14, 2012

Battlefield Burnout

Wrote these lyrics this morning. They kinda read in an interesting manner, and I haven't posted much lately.

Until now...
Broke down on the side of the road, letting in this moment of losing control. So tired are these legs of mine as they pump this beat in double-time while I'm caught up in a childish dream. I guess I lose—never thought it would happen to me. My ears are in throbbing pain wishing something new while staying the same. No. I have to go. I have to leave. Wield the strings or wield the sword; which was better for me? Burned out from that last little stretch, but finding out I'm not quite slipping just yet. These things that I plainly see are the reasons for an illness which necessitates a remedy. By now it seems that I would have learned the metaphors are a bad substitution for hurt. So lay down on the battlefield. I'll take a look at the sky and tell myself that I have to know. I have to see. Wield the pen or wield the sword; which one's better for me?

-MDS

No comments:

Post a Comment